2019 Best Compliance Practices ForumOctober 21-22, 2019: Ritz Carlton Pentagon City, Arlington VA
The 2019 Healthcare Best Compliance Practices Forum will be held October 21 – 22 at the Ritz Carlton Pentagon City hotel in Arlington, VA (DC Metro Area).
Over the course of this annual two-day event, all winners of Healthcare Compliance Best Practices, as selected by the Trust’s Committee of working compliance officers, will present their winning practices to those in attendance. Presentations of Healthcare Compliance Best Practices are supplemented by a distinguished faculty of government and sector compliance experts.
In addition, all compliance professionals who have achieved CCP or CCE certification or recertification will be recognized at the end of the first day. The Forum is also the venue where the Fellows of the Health Ethics Trust are announced.
Who Has the Best Compliance Practices?
For 24 years, Health Ethics Trust has showcased the best compliance practices of leaders – from all sectors of healthcare including providers, health plans, pharma, device companies and government contractors.
Ten to twelve Best Practices will be selected from all submissions nationally. Best Practices are selected by a panel of senior compliance professionals who review all submissions received by the Health Ethics Trust and select practices that are exceptional judged by current compliance program standards. All practices are presented in an accessible form and are available to attendees.
2019’s Nominated Best Practices included:
- BCBS Tennessee – Delegate (Vendor) Oversight
- Brookdale Senior Living – Using Everyday Scenarios to Elevate Training
- Health Care Service Corporation – Preventing Fraud by Influencing Medical Providers
- Baylor Scott and White – Implementation of a Physician Compliance Performance Metric
- GuideWell Source – An Effective Corrective Action Process
- Northwell Health – Policy Oversight and Management
- HCA Healthcare – Security Incident Management Process
- Novo Nordisk, Inc. – Ethics App and Training
- Veterans Health Administration – Strategically Revising a Compliance Program
- UPMC – Insurance Services Division Code of Conduct
- Simplura Health Group – Outreach to Field Locations
These practices break new ground. For example, while many compliance programs seek to influence physician conduct, Baylor Scott and White has a proven methodology for doing so. And providing oversight to corrective actions is often a challenge, GuideWell Source has developed an effective process for overseeing corrective actions.
Winners and speakers will be updated here as they are confirmed.
2019 Confirmed and Invited Faculty
In 2019, the faculty includes:
A.G. (Alec) Alexander III
Deputy Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Director, Center for Program Integrity
Partner, Arnold & Porter
Senior Counsel, OIG, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Chief Compliance Officer, Health Care Service Corporation
Chief Compliance Officer, Veterans Health Administration
Senior Counsel for Elder Justice, DOJ
The Health Ethics Trust sponsors the Forum which allows us to offer it as our lowest tuition course of the year. The intention is to allow the widest possible group of compliance professionals to attend. To make registration more affordable, we have added many new options to suit your individual needs.
- Government / Academic: $645
- HET Member: $695
- Non-members: $995
Tuition Plus Membership:
- Tuition plus one year individual membership: $895
- Basic organizational membership: +$1,300; includes 1 free tuition; any number of employees of member organization may attend at member rate (new members only).
- Premium organizational membership: +$2,600; includes 3 free tuition’s; any number of employees of member organization may attend at member rate (new members only).
How to Register
Click the button below to purchase your tuition in HET’s store, which allows you to securely pay for your tuition by check or credit card. Or, email your completed registration form to email@example.com. You can also fax your completed registration form to 571-551-6080. Enrollments accepted in the order they are received.
Individual guest room reservations can be made at the Ritz Carlton can be made at a negotiated rate of $254/night.
To make a reservation, call the Ritz Carlton directly at 1-800-241-3333 and reference Group Name: Best Compliance Practices Forum.
The cut-off date for guaranteed reservations at the group rate is Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM ET.
1250 S Hayes St, Arlington, VA 22202